What we believe
1. The Christians who gather in the Gospel Hall at Hospital Hill simply believe the Holy Scriptures and all our teaching is taken from these alone. “They are able to make you wise until salvation” (2 Timothy 3:15).
2. We believe in both the Old and New Testaments, that they are the Divinely inspired Word of the Lord. The revelation of God’s mind and will for all mankind. It is the all sufficient guide for salvation, the road to Heaven, and for the Christian life. (2 Tim. 3:16; 2 Peter 1:20,21; John 14:6). It is the Infallible, Incorruptible, Indestructible, Irreversible, Indisputable, Word of the Lord. Said the Lord Jesus, “Heaven and earth shall pass away but My Word shall not pass away” (Matt. 24:35; Mark 13:31; Luke 21:33).
3. We gather unto the Name of our Lord Jesus Christ, not to any other name or body of doctrine. (Matt. 18:20).
4. We believe there is only one Head of the Church, The Lord Jesus Christ, who is in Heaven at the right hand of God exalted (Col. 1; Eph. 1; Heb. 1).
5. We believe that His Church, which is His Body, is composed of all who have trusted in the Lord Jesus Christ as their personal Saviour and Lord (Col. 1), who have been redeemed, saved, born again, by personally accepting the truth that in His death he died for me, a guilty sinner (John 3; 1 Peter; John 3:16).
6. We believe that, the Church which is His Body is composed of every believer, a Church of God locally is composed of all who seek to obey His Word and have owned their responsibility to gather unto His Name (Acts 2:41,42).
7. We have no headquarters down here, all matters in relation to our gatherings are very simply what the Holy Scriptures teach, for preaching, teaching, witnessing, conduct, morals, sin and discipline. We bow to the authority of the Holy Scriptures, the Lordship of Christ, and the leading of the Holy Spirit to guide us in all that we seek to do.
8. We do not have a one-man ministry or an any-man ministry, those whom God has fitted with spiritual gifts and are in Local Church fellowship, teach and preach and lead in our assembly (Ephesians 4; 1 Tim. 3).
9. We do have fellowship with other assemblies, sound in Church Doctrine and Practice around the country, indeed around the world, but we own no federation of assemblies. Each assembly is responsible for handling its own affairs and business; we have no central body of authority.
10. We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ is the Saviour. That He saves the sinner from the penal consequences of his sin, the very moment the sinner repents of his sin, and believes and accepts the Saviour as his own, resting by faith on His finished work alone. THE WORK OF CHRIST ALONE IS SUFFICIENT FOR THE SINNER’S NEED. This is the only righteous ground on which a Holy, sin hating God, can forgive the sinner’s sins (John 3:16; Romans 3:24-26, 5:1-10).
11. We believe in one God, the creator of all, eternally existing in three persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit (Genesis 1:1, Matthew 28:19).
12. We believe in the Deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, that He is true God and that He became true man. He was begotten of the Holy Spirit, born of a virgin called Mary who was blessed among women, and that He was and is, Holy and Sinless in His manhood. He did not sin, and could not sin, for He was God manifest in flesh (John 1:1; Philippians 2:6-9; Luke 2).
13. We believe that man possesses a sinful nature, inherited from Adam in his fall from the Garden of Eden. Through Adam we became sinners through nature, and consequently sinners by practice, and because of this, man has no ability to save himself from eternal punishment by his own works, religious, moral or otherwise (Genesis 3; Romans 3 & 5; Ephesians 2:8,9).
14. We believe in the finished work of the Lord Jesus Christ on the cross, through which sacrifice He has effected complete and eternal redemption. God has set His seal of approval on the work of Christ by raising Him from among the dead and exalting Him to His own right hand in Glory (John 19:30; 1 Peter 1:19-21).
15. We believe that should a person die in their sin, unrepentant and unforgiven, he/she will open their eyes in Hades (Hell) (Luke 16:19-31). That Hell is a waiting place for the final judgement (Revelation 20:13). That there is only a Heaven (the place of happiness) or a Hell (the place of horror), no other place is mentioned in the Holy Scriptures. Children who die under the age of understanding will be in Heaven, covered by the sacrificial blood of Christ. Where there is no responsibility, there can be no judgement for being born in sin. Christ has dealt with this matter of the infant babes in His death.
16. We believe in Eternal Punishment for all who reject the Saviour and do not believe in His sin atoning sacrifice. The Lord Jesus is today, indeed this very moment, willing to be your saviour, if you, by faith, personally accept Him as such. Otherwise, if you reject Him, He will one day be your Judge, when he will sit upon the Great White Throne to judge all who have refused His offer of pardon, forgiveness and salvation presented in the Gospel (Revelation 20:11-15).
17. We believe in the bodily resurrection of the just (justified) and the unjust, those who die in faith and those who die in their sins. We do not believe in a general resurrection of the dead. There is a first resurrection for all who are saved by trusting in the Saviour, those who believe the Gospel, those who died in faith, this is the resurrection unto life (John 5).